Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Run, run, run!

Whew - 4 miles yesterday! It was a decent run, I think.  I did go low mid-run, but I had my trusty Clif energy shot with me, so that did the trick.  I like the mocha flavor, it's got some caffeine in it.  Caffeine doesn't keep me up or anything - I can drink espresso and go straight to bed - but I do think I notice some energy when I use the gel while running.  Of course, it could just be that it brings my blood sugar up, so I feel more energetic in general.  I'm actually trying to figure out how to work the gels into my runs even when I'm not low, just for general energy.  I just don't want to mis-time it with my insulin and then go really high.  And of course, I'd like to not go low mid-run, either.  I guess this is what training is for!

Weight this morning: 162.4 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment