Saturday, July 6, 2013

Woops!

I have no idea what happened with my blood sugar overnight, but it was not impressed with my attempts to wrangle it.

I did go out last night.  It was really fun, I had three drinks.  I hadn't planned on eating, but I got this grilled flat bread with tomatoes, feta, onions, green peppers... I think some lemon oil.  Anyway, this probably sent my calories higher than I would have liked, but I think I still came in under 1900.

My blood sugar shot high, which was very frustrating, because I dosed for what I ate.  Did I say very frustrating?  Let's go with EXTREMELY frustrating.  I'm not sure if my insulin-to-carb ratios are off these days, but I feel like I'm going high a lot more than usual after I eat.  I'm not sure that it's my I:C, I feel like maybe it's that I need to be pre-bolusing a little more.  Not sure why I would all of a sudden need to be doing that, but I guess it could happen.

Anyway, I went to bed at 240-something, I think.  I took the insulin to cover it.  I woke up at frickin' 300!  What's up with that?!  That was about 5:30 AM.  I bolused to cover (through my pump) and woke up three hours later at 271.  I was set to change my pump site tonight, but all I can think is that my absorption has petered out.  Anyway, I took some more insulin, this time with a syringe, and then changed my pump out. According to my CGM, I'm at 184 and dropping like a rock with double down arrows.  Ugh, I just felt so gross, having been that high all night.

Today is my off day from exercise.  I've got a 4-mile run tomorrow, which is a bit of a back-off, since next Sunday I'll be doing 6 miles.  I weighed in at 163.4 lbs this morning.  Not bad considering I ate late yesterday, which tends to throw me off.

Well, I'm off to watch the ladies Wimbledon championship!

No comments:

Post a Comment